Return Policy | Talus Expedition Gear
At Talus Expedition Gear, we and our partner companies strive for excellence. We hope you will be satisfied with our products from the beginning. That’s why we take the time to answer any questions you may have prior to purchase, to make sure you’re taking home the right product for your needs.
If you do find you need to return or exchange something, please contact us in writing via the Contact Us link on our website; please include your order number when contacting us. All claims need to be initiated in writing within 30 days of purchase and are subject to the following policies and conditions. If your order contains incorrect products or has been damaged in transit, documentation and photos are required within 72 hours of receiving the order.
CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS, AND REFUNDS ARE ACCEPTED AND AUTHORIZED ENTIRELY AT THE DISCRETION OF TALUS EXPEDITION GEAR
Any custom order cancelled prior to the initiation of custom work is subject to a minimum 20% fee, in addition to any fees charged by any other companies or manufacturers engaged by Talus on behalf of the customer. Any amounts spent toward the preparation of the custom order (including but not limited to materials, supplies, hourly rates, etc.) prior to the initiation of construction on the custom order are not refundable. Any remaining deposit amounts may be refunded on a case-by-case basis, minus a 20% fee. Once construction has begun on a custom order, no refunds will be issued. Custom orders may not be returned.
If your custom order is in need of maintenance or repair, please consult our warranty policy and contact us as appropriate. Any claims will require either in-person inspection at our Boise, ID facility or photo and/or video documentation for assessment.
All cancellations are subject to a minimum 20% fee. Once an order has shipped, it can no longer be cancelled and is subject to our refund or return policies, outlined below.
Return / Refund
Upon request, our team will evaluate returns and refund requests on a case-by-case basis according to the following policies and procedures:
- Products must be returned in original packaging and adequately protected for carrier handling.
- Returned products will be inspected for damage or evidence of use or modification. Products which have been used or modified in any way cannot be returned.
- If accepted for return, all refunds are subject to a minimum 20% fee and we will issue a return merchandise authorization (RMA) for use in processing your claim.
- If the product has been used or modified or no longer has its original packaging or otherwise is not resalable, we cannot accept a return.
- Any associated return shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer. Original shipping charges to the customer are non-refundable.
- Any exchanges will only be shipped after we receive the returned merchandise back at our Boise, ID facility and have completed assessment of the returned merchandise. Shipment tracking numbers will be provided at time of shipment; additional shipping charges may apply.
- Discounted items will be refunded at discounted prices.
Due to the complexities of shipping and receiving freight shipments (e.g. roof top tents, drawer systems, etc.), we will only process returns or exchanges of items shipped via freight in person at our Boise, ID facility; we do not accept returned freight shipments. Once brought to our Boise facility, our staff will inspect the product and consider it for refund per the policies stated above. Freight costs will not be refunded.
Products special ordered from a third-party manufacturer or supplier specifically for individual customers will be assessed on a case-by-case basis for cancellation, returns, or refunds and may not receive any refund amount if the product is determined by Talus Expedition Gear, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be unsalable to another customer within a reasonable time frame.
Talus Drawer Systems
All sales of Talus drawer system products (e.g. storage drawers, galleys, campers, etc.) are final. If an order is cancelled during the construction process, the “Custom Order” policy outlined above will be applied to the order; no refunds over 50% of the retail price will be issued.
All installations are 100% non-refundable. If you experience an issue, bring it back to our shop and our team will assess it and offer to complete any necessary repairs or adjustments. If the issue is determined to be due to an error on the part of Talus Expedition Gear or our technicians, we want to make our work stand up to our high standards of quality and may remedy the issue free of charge. Any issues determined to have arisen after departing our shop may be subject to additional labor, parts, materials, or supply fees. Talus Expedition Gear reserves the right to refuse service to any person at any time for any reason.
Talus Expedition Gear accepts no liability for products damaged by misuse, improper installation, or modification or any other actions by others. We recommend professional installation for every product sold.